Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inspiration

Scoot Magazine - a very nifty resource and so much fun for the scooter fanantical!
http://www.scootmagazine.com/index.php


The mechanic at Scooternerds in GBO gave me this magazine after being such a nice guy and showing me around their under-construction show room and confirming my suspicions about the true persona of hte scooternerd. I'm a wanna-be scooternerd now. Meep meep.


All I Want for Christmas is ...



Lots of Scooter Images to Feast Your Eyes On










Citroen's Flagship Showroom - Paris
and winner of the IIDA annual design award








Firewinder- an LED light that's full effect is rendered with a little help from some wind power

3 comments:

Lauren Molter said...

What a good start you have expressed through your sketch model today! I like the idea that you are going to display a certain number of scooters instead of the entire stock. With that yellow tornado like structure in the middle of your model, maybe you could showcase helmets(or other accessory) of different sizes rotating in a tornado like form to give a focal point to your store.

emily davis said...

I really liked your sketch model. The exterior form shows movement and speed to me. It kind of reminds me of the interior of a space shown in our book (p.148-149).

The Jimbonic Inquisition said...

Google search "honda cub"

They are very big in Asian countries (Japan especially of course). I would imagine there is also a huge pop culture around them. They are cheap and gas efficient. They also pretty much last forever if you take care of them. Its too bad they don't sell them in the U.S.