Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Revolution Mills and Surrounding Area

One question I keep asking myself is "What is Revolution Mills Market's target market?" I feel like the answer partially lies in where we believe people will be coming from- Who's coming to our groovy, new open air, post-industrialized marketplace? I would like to appeal to a wide breadth of clientelle, those arriving on car, by foot and by bike - and especially utilize the proximity to the proposed North Buffolo Creek greenway as a main vehicle for bringing traffic of all kinds to the area. So I need to c apture a better sense of the area and remember my context- historical, cultural, and for this phase of exploration: geographical and environmental.

Terrain Map - Buffalo Creek


Aerial View of Revolution Mill



Street View - Revolution Mill Road


View from Maple St.

Future Retail Space



View from Yanceyville



Proposed North Buffalo Creek Greenway
and connectors


No comments: