Friday, September 26, 2008

Helpful Critique

So after meeting with my groups today, I got some new ideas on how to deal with daylight-one of my primary concerns- and work with the idea of playing up its natural qualities in my space. I had explored the use of first floor skylights/groundlights, piercings that let light into the basement level. I looked at creating a slight level change on my first floor with a slight bridging effect that could allow me to make some interior clerestories. Jackie's exploration of cable and bridging began to expand my ideas of what could happen in the space on a grand level. At the same time, it reinforced for me how important it is to use the existing structure as your guide to give you a grid or a place to start because the existing space is already so rich with character.

No comments: